Monarch Tractor, il nome reale dell’azienda è Zimeno, è stato annunciato come il primo trattore elettrico al mondo.
I punti interessanti proposti sono però anche altri:
- Reduced emissions
- Driver optional: The tractor can perform pre-programmed tasks without a driver, or an operator can use Monarch’s interactive automation features including Gesture and Shadow modes to have it follow a worker on the job.
- Safety: The Monarch Tractor includes safety features such as roll and collision prevention, vision-based power takeoff (PTO) safety and 360° cameras.
- Deep learning and sensor suite: The Monarch Tractor collects and analyzes over 240GB of crop data every day it operates in the field. It can work with farmers’ current implements as well as the next generation of smart tools, the company claimed. Sensors and imaging are processed to provide critical data points that can be used for real-time implement adjustments, as well as long-term yield estimates, current growth stages, and other plant/crop health metrics. With machine learning, Monarch is able to digest this data and provide long-term analysis of field health, improving accuracy the longer it runs, said the company. In addition, the data collected is securely stored in a Monarch cloud.
- Smart device operation: With a smartphone or personal device, users can receive tractor alerts, updates on current micro-weather conditions, and detailed operations reports, plus data collection, analysis, and storage for farm planning.
- Electric power: Monarch said its drivetrain is capable of providing 40HP (30KW) of continuous power and short duration peak power up to 70HP (55KW) in a small footprint for multipurpose usage.
Zimeno ha fatto partnership con Musashi Seimitsu.